You have no items in your shopping cart.
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PRICES SHOWN ON HUDSON'S OFFICE FURNITURE LTD WEB-SITE IS SUBJECT TO VAT AT THE CURRENT RATE. ALSO, NOTE THAT PRICES CAN CHANGE AND CAN ONLY BE VIEWED AS A GUIDE. PLEASE CONTACT SALES FOR ACCURATE COSTINGS. ALSO, BE AWARE THAT COLOURS ON THE SITE ARE ONLY A GUIDE AND CAN VARY DUE TO SCREEN RESOLUTIONS.
1. APPLICATION These terms and conditions apply to all goods supplied by Hudson's Office Furniture Ltd of Unit 1 Ravenswharfe Road, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury West Yorkshire WF13 3RD (“Us" or "We”) to the customer (“You”) named on the Catalogue or Web-site order form. The order form is a legally binding contract and only to be signed if (You) named on the sales order form wish to be bound by its product and terms set their in. If fault is found from (You) named on the sales order form or by the signer who represents (You) after delivery, then the responsibility of incorrect ordering is solely (Yours) that's named on the order form.
2. PRICE 2.1 The price you pay is as shown in our order form, together with any VAT and carriage and insurance indicated on the order form 2.2 Unless you have a credit account with us, your order will only be accepted if accompanied by payment in full (Including VAT, Carriage and Insurance) 2.3 Credit accounts are subject to full payment within 30 days following the invoice date. Interest at the rate of 12.75% together with recovery costs for the period of due date of payment, till date of receipt of payment will be levied on overdue accounts. We may suspend facilities where the account is in default.
3. TITLE Legal title to the goods will pass to you immediately prior to dispatch of the goods. Legal title to the goods is only passed to credit account customers when payment has been made in full.
4. STOCKS occasionally we may have insufficient stocks to supply the goods you have ordered. We may if we think fit, either supply a substitute product or refund the price you have paid as soon as possible, or if you are an account customer place the goods on back order and dispatch on the next delivery.
5. CANCELLATION AND RETURN OF GOODS - Orders may be cancelled or altered only with the written consent of the company: Goods made to special order (PERSONALISED ITEMS) cannot be cancelled. A handling charge of 30% of the RRP invoice value is made on any goods cancelled or returned with the prior written agreement of the company. If there is a problem with the goods, please tell us when you cancel. You are responsible for the costs of the return unless our driver can return at source and then a 45p per mile from the collection point to our warehouse in West Yorkshire will also be added to the cancellation charge.
Where you are a consumer as defined in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which the contract is entered into (the Cancellation Period). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty (unless we have begun the services within the Cancellation Period in accordance with our terms and conditions)
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 do not apply if the services you have ordered are of a gambling, banking, credit, insurance, personal pension, investment or payment nature.
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are passenger transport services, services (other than the supply of water, gas, electricity or heating) for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, urgent repairs or maintenance where you have specifically requested a visit, accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
If you require us to begin the services within the Cancellation Period, we require you to make an express request to do so. In such cases, your right to cancel continues until either the end of the Cancellation Period, or the completion of the services, whichever is the earlier. If you cancel during the Cancellation Period we may charge you for any services provided up until the point when we receive your cancellation notice, and will provide a partial and proportionate refund accordingly. Your right to cancel the services will no longer apply once the services have been fully performed.
Distance Selling Business Regulations
Businesses do not get cooling off periods when signing up to contracts at home, on business premises or at a distance. Unless the contract you have with the company you are purchasing the product from states you have a cooling off period, you will not have one.
A large proportion of the legislation relating to unfair terms either do not apply in a business-to-business contract or only applies at the discretion of the court. It is always important therefore to check your terms and conditions prior to signing up to a contract.
Sale of Goods Act & Supply of Goods and Services Act
Most of the Sale of Goods Act and the Supply of Goods and Services Act, which prior to the existence of the Consumer Rights Act provided the buyer with rights in cases of faulty goods, miss-described goods or substandard services, still applies to business-to-business contracts.
The business does not get an automatic right to a refund if a second fault occurs with a product nor is the burden of proof reversed if there is a dispute as to whether the fault was present at the time of purchase. Instead the court is likely to pick the solution they feel is most reasonable, which might be refund if the product is faulty as soon as it arrives or very shortly afterwards. If the problem occurs later or is an easily remedied problem with a service, then the court may choose a free repair as a solution or replacement if that is impossible or would cause a significant inconvenience to you.
However, bear in mind that liability may be limited or excluded by the terms and conditions of a business-to-business contract.
You can claim reasonable business losses if this has not been disclaimed against by the supplier.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right not to process your order if:
We have insufficient staff or resources to deliver the services you have ordered;
We do not provide services to your area; or
One or more of the services you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY 6.1 This provision does not affect your statutory rights nor does it limit our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation resulting from our negligence. 6.2 Otherwise if you notify us of shortage, damage or defect in the goods or advise us of non-delivery we will (As you direct) repair or replace such goods or refund (together with carriage) the amount paid by you. 6.3 We will have no other liability, except as set out above and in particular will not be liable to compensate you for disappointment, inconvenience, loss of profit, any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever occurring.
7. DAMAGES All products must be checked and signed to say that each product arrived undamaged. If damages occur after delivery, then the responsibility is solely the signers and or company responsible for the signer and none returnable.
8. TERMINATION If you fail to honour your obligations under the contract or if you are an account holder - become bankrupt or insolvent, we may terminate our contract by written notice to you and at our option suspend further deliveries. In such event, any monies which you owe us, will become immediately repayable.
9. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES We shall not be liable to you for any failure by us to supply or deliver goods to you or in respect of any damage or defect to goods caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
10. APPLICABLE LAW This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and subject to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
DELIVERY unless you instruct us otherwise, we will deliver to the address shown on the order form, against a signed receipt for the goods. Where the supply and delivery of goods to persons under 18 is restricted, you confirm that you are over the age of 18 and that delivery will only be made to a person over the age of 18. All goods advertised on our site are currently delivered FREE. Customers must be aware that even then there are certain restrictions... These restrictions are currently determined by your postcode and additional carriage charges may incur. Please Note for carriage charges to Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man & Ireland - price on application. There is also an additional minimum order value charge of £35.00 for orders under £350.00. Please assume an articulated vehicle will make palletised deliveries. Any access issues must be advised before delivery otherwise re-delivery charges may apply. All discrepancies/damages must be notified in writing within 24 hours of receipt. All consignments received damaged must be clearly marked “Damaged” on the driver’s paperwork otherwise Hudson's Office Furniture Ltd cannot be held responsible. Container loads are delivered direct to customer. Delivery is to kerbside only unless installation has been agreed. You are responsible for the return of goods to our store. Generally, all our products are delivered to you in approximately 10 to 15 working days but there may be instances where this may take longer due to stock reliability from the manufacturers. If you have not received goods within 30 working days of order, please notify us. Made to order items can take longer. Please be aware that if we the (supplier) attempt to deliver the goods ordered by you the (customer) and there is no access to the premises or there is no one available to take delivery of the product, at the premises address on the delivery document then the product will be returned to storage and responsibility for re-delivery will be yours and paid for in full before re-delivery. The delivery terms are working days Monday to Friday and do not include weekends and bank holidays. Whilst every effort is made to ensure we meet the delivery terms detailed above, there may be instances beyond our control that could affect this.
11.1. NEXT DAY DELIVERY Products advertised as Next Day delivery must be ordered and paid for in full by 1pm to meet the next day delivery service. If your order comes in after this time your furniture will be shipped the next working day. All products advertised as next day delivery are subject to them being in stock at the time of order. please check with sales for stock to guarantee your next day delivery. If next day products are not available for shipping next day then the product will be placed on back order and shipped at the earliest convenience.
12.PRICE MATCH PROMISE. All products that have been allocated as a price match promise against any or all other suppliers are subject to them being the identical article in name and manufactured quality and assurances. The price match products that conflict with Next Day Office Furniture may not be delivered within the Next Day Office Furniture terms and may have to be delivered within the 10 to 15 working day program. The only way a price match promise can be guaranteed is by the way of the alternate supplier’s quotation written on the alternate suppliers headed paper. Hudson's office Furniture have the right not to price match promise if there are discrepancies in any or all the above statements. Hudson's office Furniture also have the right to price match promise based on the visual acceptance of the product being advertised on any or all alternate furniture supplier’s websites.
13. Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
14. Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
17. Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.